On June 10, 1941, German Socialist Gestapo arrested 100 men in Gostynin. Five days later, June 15, a special commando from Włocławek executed 1 out of every 10 of the men, who were Catholics.
The bloodied corpses were carted to the forest near the village of Drzewce, where they were buried. Exhumed on April 17, 1945, they were buried at the parish cemetery in Gostynin.
The victims, who held hands before execution, were:
1. Wacław Chabasiński, residing in Lisica;
2. Franciszek Kołodziejczyk, 41 years old, residing in Gostynin at Kutnowska Street;
3. Jan Królikowski (father), residing in Annów;
4. Rataje, Królikowski Jan (son), residing in Annów;
5. Stefan Kubicki, 47 years old, residing in Gostynin at 13 Polna Street;
6. Kazimierz Lewandowski, 31 years old, residing in Gostynin at Stodólna Street;
7. Zygmunt Lewandowski, 27 years old, residing in Gostynin at Stodólna Street;
8. Jerzy Lisowski, residing in Gostynin at Aleja 5;
9. Stanisław Małecki, residing in Leśniewice;
10. Marian Stawicki (Jan incorrectly given), 24 years old, residing in Gostynin at Kutnowska Street.
(On the same day, the same action was carried out in Gąbin, where 10 were shot at the church wall.)
VIVA CRISTO REY! Niech żyje Chrystus Król!